All too suddenly, my palate started to nag me for a juicy, tasty and very savory dish of baked fish. So, I rushed to the freezer to grab some dory fillets to silence my craving. I knew I just had to have it right away!
I am a fan of dishes with salty, sweet and sour combinations. And, with a fat, juicy and moist dory to go with it, ahh, it’s the best, baby.
Anyway, here’s how to do it.
You will need:
2 whole dory fillets (medium-sized)
salt and pepper to taste
2 large lemons, seeded and sliced (see picture on top of this page)
3/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp honey
5 cloves of garlic, minced finely
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 tbsps bread crumbs (optional)
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350c. Season fish with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a baking ware, bed lemon slices vertically. Lay fillets on them (see picture on top of this page).
3. In a bowl, mix mayo, honey, rosemary and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Top fish with mayo mixture. Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese become bubbly hot. Serve warm.